December 14, 2019

Animals


New York Public Library


We are products of the 90's


He took his friend Brian to see Margaret Atwood at the NYPL for her 80th birthday

Was I envious? Of course I was. But we've had a good date week, 2 dates total, and that he took Brian to Atwood is totally acceptable. But I bought him 2 First Edition Atwood poetry books for his birthday to commemorate that he got to see her in that forum. 

Starting with Sunday. He has passes to events through work so he invited me to the New York Public Library Holiday Party.

I'm dumb. Have lived in this City since 2006 and never had stepped foot in the NYPL. What the F, KB? Good god is it the most gorgeous house I've ever seen. Breathtaking. Nothing is not in its right place. Oh. My.

So, that was a nice time inclusive of some animal behavior in the bathroom (um, oops.) 

Then: guess what? I went to his apartment for the first time.

It was pleasantly comforting and interestingly inviting. Not that I would think it would not be, but I've been hyper nervous. Is she still lurking? I saw a St. Louis Cardinals cup in the sink and rolled my eyes (why do our baseball teams have to be the same, man) but it mostly seems to be that she is gone gone.

I met Jenny and George, the cats that rule the house. They are sweet creatures.

So then...I mean, I stayed over. Huge. He gave me whiskey and I gave him a back massage. 

And then the next day I had purchased us Pixies (AND KRISTIN HERSH) tickets at Webster Hall. Two nights back to back dates. 

We met on the corner of 3rd and 11th and wound up at an Australian restaurant called Ruby's. I still suffer from the "I don't want to eat in front of a boy" issue, and I had just eaten at another place before I met him anyway, so I had a watermelon cocktail while he ate.

There was a fire. At The Smith around the corner. A grease fire. New Yorkers love snapping photos of chaos.

The show was AMAZING. Kristin AND Pixies. 

Rob was so into it. I could not help but fall more deeply in love.

The lady called during the show. He showed me his phone, didn't answer it, but my brain got a bit fucked up. I mean...what am I supposed to do? Expect her to dissipate into black ash once they divorce?

After the show we went to this place he loves called The Library of Distilled Spirits or something to that tune.

He started acting odd.

He was like, I think I'm just going to go home.

Obviously, I was crestfallen and felt kicked in the gut - I had just taken him to a hugely awesome concert AND I paid for his Australian dinner? What the heck, man.

He was like, you're going to be so upset.

I said, Yes, yes I am. 

We've been talking about this for months.

Well.

He wound up coming home with me begrudgingly knowing I'd otherwise be really upset.

I pretty much contribute any of that to the fact that she was calling him. No idea about what. No real concern unless she is trying to lure him back, which wouldn't shock me. 

Anyway.

I love him.

0 Comments:

<< Home