December 08, 2019

Libraries


What I'm calling Saturday's Installation 

Good morning, Queens and the rest of the World. I had a zesty Saturday consisting of therapy, fresh flower shopping (hosted in the above pic), some intermittent watching of the new Noah Baumbach film Marriage Story (which, despite the impressive height of Adam Driver towering at...well over 6'? was slightly mundane...we get it, Noah, marriage sucks) (and getting it out of it is even worse!) (speaking for a friend since thank good grassy land I haven't had to)...but last night, everything changed.

He called me. 

Out of the blue called me. We didn't schedule it (as we normally do) nor did we text an advanced alert, he just...called me. And we talked for what my ridiculous iPhone states "1 Hour."

It kind of felt like being 15 again. My...boyfriend called. On the phone. And we had a fantastic conversation. 

I say this to people pretty popularly but feeling 15 again is unreal. Who knew I wanted to relive that nightmare of brooding and sulking but you know...I was only convinced I was in love one time before. It was Mike, RIP because he has since passed. He stole my entire soul and routed it in different directions and he made me feel beautiful and ugly all at the same time.

The others: I loved them all, sure. 

Rob though: this is me, 15, blushing when his name escapes my lips, scared I'll never be enough but confident that I am, and able and ready to sidle up next to him and show him a lifetime filled with love.

Today, we are going on a date to the New York Public Library Holiday Party.

He is libraries to me.

0 Comments:

<< Home