July 21, 2009

Tilts

It's been some while again since I posted. This hasn't been for any particular reason other than life's a little low and lazy these days. We're experiencing the lull at the office, which is fine, really, but can sometimes also feel quite mundane. I've been trying to force myself to get to know Annie*, my new MacBook Pro 13" friend, but I'm so content with her as a blank slate that I'm afraid to fill her with nonsense. Plans are that tonight I sit with her for quite a while, anyway. Craig is making dinner - yes, you read that correctly - Craig is making me dinner! so I will have spare time to maybe go to the gym (if I feel so inclined once I'm home) and then time to sit and be still for a while. Perhaps he will even clean the kitchen?? The photograph above was doctored in PhotoShop with the "tilt/shift" effect, which I have not yet mastered and am kind of striking out with, to be honest. But, that's more to do with not having shot the appropriate photographs to really get the right effect. I have a great, deep, strong, almost possessed desire to understand digital photography organization better, or, in other words, to figure out what I want my way of digital photography organization better to be (the Nikon photos in the PC are a mess, just a disaster), whether it's one giant "art shot" photo folder and files are individually named 0001_Subject_dated, or Dated_Subject, or what. Since I haven't put forth the effort to make the decision, well, then, I'm stuck. I've contemplated Picassa through Google, but the username I have for Google already has hundreds (thousands??) of photographs that I've sent via email, received via email, and so forth, and while I would like continued access to those, that doesn't necessarily mean I want all of my photos from here forward mixed with silly snapshot photos or meaningless endeavors or whatnot. So, I don't know. I'm at a loss. Then there's the whole Do I Want Microsoft Office or iWork...pretty much leaning toward Office, but still unsure.*I'm still reviewing restaurants, though I've been a slacker for a couple of weeks now. I'm going to start contributing to a new blogger's space - I found her through my friend Peter - who is interested in entertaining her clients about affordable dining in the City. My focus will be on affordable eating at home - strategies on how to shop, extend ingredients across several recipes, conserve space in a small urban kitchen, the art (and frugality) of eating leftovers, etc. I intend to keep all of my food photography, food writing, and all other writing that I do in somewhat of a manageable organization, but of course, I've yet to determine that, either! Such a rough life, trying to navigate so many files. :) Well, it nears the end of my day and I've got some decisions to make in terms of aerobics this evening. I'm back on Weight Watchers in a headfirst full throttle way, which means my portions are limited - last night, I made chicken burgers with celery, scallions, bbq sauce blended with Tobasco, and one burger is 6 points. For lunch, I wanted to also have cottage cheese, which is 2 points. I prefer to keep my lunches below 6, therefore I could only have half of a chicken burger as leftovers today. At 4:31 this afternoon, I'm starving. Clearly my body has taken a beating again, beginning approximately the first of the year continuing on through now, eating and drinking whatever comes my way. My new goals: eat only my daily points (19), with at least 3 or 4 of those points devoted to dairy. Vegetables really don't cost points; some fruit does, depending. Pastas and meats load up the points. Tonight, Craig is baking pork loin chops and I will attempt to consume 3 ounces which is 3 points. 3 ounces of meat is like 3 bites. He is making my creamy parmesan orzo on the side, and a vegetable (I always eat ample portions of vegetables, especially asparagus or green beans.) I have a goal for the weekend, primarily because Friday night we're on the train to travel to the Jersey Shore to visit with Al and Michelle, of Cabo fame. They are making us paella (weak in the knees, swoon!) Friday night, then Saturday we're taking their boat out onto the ocean! Fun! Saturday night, Michelle wants me to suggest a recipe of mine so that we can "group" cook - fun, again! But believe me, point counting will be furthest from my mind when we're with them. So if I meet my goal of weight loss by Friday, I can relax in Jersey and not feel like I have to wrap my midsection in caution tape or anything. We are excited for the trip. Al and Michelle are so amazing.*One last thing: Craig and I watched the entire first season of Breaking Bad last weekend. We also went on a food crawl for one whole afternoon. Both were incredible. More to come.

0 Comments:

<< Home