April 17, 2009

Lenses

Today, so far, has been a rock'n'roll birthday. It really has. Craig and I slept forever this morning. I woke up on the couch around 3 a.m. after trying to watch a show, climbed into bed, and proceeded to sleep in increments of several hours until like 10 a.m.! That never happens! Strangely, I had a dream about an ex-bf who was married to someone else significant in my life only she had her girlfriend living with them. The ex-bf had imploring eyes in the dream, big giant brown imploring eyes, and there was a wedding we were all attending. It was so startlingly lucid that I woke up feeling like if I went to my phone, would I really have the text from him that I received in my dream? The oddest thing about dreaming about him is that he dated something like 3 girls with birthdays the same as mine, which he always found to be strikingly cosmic. Me, too.*So, Craig and I ate bagels, and I showered and headed to get nails done, both pedi and mani. Then we traveled to B&H Photography Store near the Farley Post Office/Madison Square Garden. That place is an insane madhouse, with a conveying system filling all of every ceiling, yet we were ushered in and placed our order for my lens and filter and warrantees in exactly 36 minutes (I know so because Gordo called me to wish me a Happy Birthday right before we went in and I checked my phone when we stepped back into the sun).*The new lens is like a holy grail, to me. I have no idea how to use it, and of all of the 66 photos I shot this afternoon, most are duds. But once I learn about its capacities, once I understand the manipulations of it, I will be in such heaven with that thing!*I want to thank Craig again, again again again, for like my millionth amazing birthday because of him. He is this unbelievably bright star in an otherwise dulled existence. He makes everything seem so light and happy, so easy. And today, I also bought this funky dress/long shirt at Ben Sherman in SoHo, and I'm about to go put it on for our date for Malaysian food and stand up with Janeane Garofalo in the Meatpacking District. He set all of this up, because he's a beautiful, kind, trustworthy and amazing best friend, among all other things. Thank you, Craig, and I can't wait for our night to begin! Happy 32nd to me...!

0 Comments:

<< Home