August 26, 2008

Swings

We returned from Indiana Sunday night having had such an incredible weekend. Even despite the big accident I endured, from which I still recover and will likely take several weeks to be 100%, we had a blast. Thursday morning when we flew out, I figured the weekend might be awkward. We were both grumpy and things hadn't been amazing lately, but by the time we were in flight and I was browsing celeb smut magazines and a Cooking Light and Craig napped a little, we both began to feel better. It was like the flight bestowed a bright light upon us. When we landed in Indianapolis, we struggled through a strange rental car experience, wound up in a Kia and traveled to Bloomington to see my best college friend Jen. Unique to me and Jen, meaning, this is exactly something we would do...she and her new son Jay showed up at Yogi's and found a seat inside, while Craig and I must have arrived moments later only to land a table in the outdoor area. Craig and I sat there for approximately 40 minutes while we waited for Jen, while Jen sat inside for roughly the same time waiting for us. Finally, after an appetizer and two large pitchers of Diet Coke, Craig suggested that I head inside to just check if Jen might be in there. Sure enough, I swung open the glass door and Jen sat in my line of sight. She lifted a hand to wave and laugh and that was all I needed to know that she had been in there as long as we had been outside! We are too alike, it's great. The reunion with her was awesome - she is hysterical, and had us in stitches almost the whole time we were there. Craig adores her, despite her IU infatuation!*After spending time at Yogi's, we walked to the house where Jen and I lived together. Above pictured is the porch swing where Jen and I spent thousands of hours laughing at Lifetime Movie "plots" and discussing my poetry classes and her student teaching experiences and my Walnut Highway travels (private joke)...and giggling over Angie, our third roommate who sucked and hated us. Jen and I spent countless times meeting on that swing to get our heads back in line, figuring things out. I love her - she is my very best friend!!*Once Jay became a little sleepy and ready to go home, Craig and I traveled to Indianapolis, to Noblesville, to be exact, to see Kara, Ben and Brady. They were awaiting our arrival and Ben was ready to grill some filets and Kara had vegetables ready to grill, corn ready to steam and lemonade ready to serve. It was nice to see their new house...it's huge, probably more real estate than Craig and I will ever desire, mainly because of the lack of ability to fill rooms! But we liked what we saw - they've got great possibilities. We spent a nice evening with them, chatting and eating and I fed Brady green beans and chicken bites and some sweet potatoes which he wore on his nose the rest of the night! We watched some Olympics, which I won't forget primarily because that night Kara and I laughed over the weird runner who dove over the line to win a bronze (I think bronze) and none of us could figure out how that was even fair, or legit. And we all went to bed pretty early because we are old now! And because Kara and Ben had to work the next day.*I will continue as soon as I have more time. It's closing in on ten, which is my bedtime! Especially because I have to be at work a little early tomorrow. But I'm thrilled to be recapping this weekend...it was so much fun, and so filled with all different kinds of love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who am I?

And how did I not know that you were a hottie bloggggger? and why did I never guess it before?

I won't even tell you how I found it...all you need to know is that I did while pumping and dumping at one - dirty AM after a sweet visit to Nick's, where I contemplated a 50 - something big sexy Michigan St. fan in a "Sparty On" t-shirt for about 50 minutes. It was a WWMSW (what would Michael Scott wear) moment.

I am bookmarking this site because it is my new favorite...all I regret is that I don't have my own link :-) actually, it's cool I don't because blogs and the internet are a little too modern fab for me. I still like home phones, LPs, and 7" floppy disks that really do flop, and of course I love my KB. And I also love the fact that that swing is out in cyberspace

You better know who I am at this point...

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - LYLAS!

1:54 AM  

<< Home