July 24, 2008

Twos

above: Ikea chair with Flor tiles. Trendy much, KB? below, Chair with Newly Stocked Booze Cart. Yeah, we will never drink any of that. :)
Prior to writing this post, I have, stored, to date, 222 Elements posts and 22 craigkristin posts. Hmm! Play the lotto, KB? 22222? Nice. Oh boy oh boy oh boy - it's Vegas weekend. I've been dreading this weekend for months because, you know, rites of passages/rituals for guys getting married (Craig's good friend Corey from college) should have been eradicated at the turn of the century, when humans developed equal respect for one another. But oh well. I am happy for Craig to get to reunite with his buddies that he never sees - friends are extremely important. And I can safely say I am not the only girlfriend on the planet who wouldn't mind if a huge asteroid destroyed Sin City. On the upside of things, my long lost friend from Richmond, a gal I only knew for 6 short months but with whom I developed immediate friend chemistry, is coming to town tomorrow! Hurray! I have not seen the girl since June 2006. She's departing Richmond in the morning (that's the airport where Craig and I spent some time - I told her to tell me how it looks!) and lands here at Laguardia around 11. I'm off tomorrow (I tend to take same vacation days as Craig so that we're in sync when it comes to taking days together) but will go pick her up from LGA with the help of a co-worker and friend of mine. Transportation to and from LGA, if not by cab, can be on the more challenging side of things, but it works. Not having a car still pays off - especially with gas at 4-something a gallon. So, I'm all over the board right now with so many things I haven't mentioned and have happening. Above shown is our new, quite comfy and quite reasonably priced, albeit somewhat excruciating-to-achieve desk chair. Back in the day, when we were in 316 down the street, we lent(gave) my old Pier 1 dining room set to a co-worker who moved out to Long Beach with considerably more room. We then obtained a smaller table with two small space-efficient stools. However, we did keep 1 of the 4 chairs as a desk chair, despite its black wrought iron with cushion nature. Well, so the 4th member of the co-worker's family is now closer to an age or at an age where he is no longer in a high chair, right around the time we moved to 306 and decided to ditch the 4th chair (giving it to co-worker). He drove us home from work one night, retrieved the chair, and we continued, that weekend, to move down the street. Then we noticed a shortage of chair options. Hmm. Well, lucky for me, Craig has forever owned this massive piece of Oak (I'm just saying that - I don't know wood types) which we call an "end table" (it is) (see in background of first photo) and it fit quite snug under the keyboard tray at the desk as a makeshift chair (much in the way Craig was using the DeWalt utility flashlight to find his socks, previously. We here in New York get creative). Weeks have passed, and finally, finally, finally Ikea Brooklyn opened. I'm being very facetious about that. We loathe Ikea. Their stuff's okay, it isn't that. What it is, is the mass headache that envelops one's brain who tries to accomplish anything there. And I'm not even going to go into the half of it. Let's just say, in a nutshell, that traveling from Flushing, Queens to Red Hook, Brooklyn was the easy part. Fellow New Yorkers know that that's not an easy task. Being in the store? Overwhelming and mind-numbing, if those two can link with one another.*But so we got this chair, and it's altogether really okay.*Back to the weekend...I have a massive itinerary mapped out for Gale and me, and it will be unbelievable to see her after too long. We regularly email with one another, and it's like chatting every day to a very smart woman who has been very insightful about life in general. So being with her this weekend, along with ignoring Vegas' existence emotionally and mentally (creatively, somehow) and Craig's presence there, I think my weekend is going to be quite nice. Photos of our adventures to follow.

0 Comments:

<< Home