July 08, 2008

Filters


My stove. I used it again tonight and am happy with it. I still treat it like a child who is trying to run into oncoming traffic but overall, I think I am slightly less protective than I was with my old stove. I'm okay with leaving brown rice to steam on its own, despite the fact that experience reminds me that steaming rice likes to rise out of its saucepan if there is too much steam and water. But because the stovetop is white, I have stain worries and splash worries. Oh, well. It's just a rental, right??*I listened to my Nano on my commute home tonight and thought about the D40 and read my D40 book. I discovered a very small note regarding a "polarizing" filter and have since learned that THAT filter is the key to my photographic happiness, not Photoshop, not a telephoto lens. I need a polarizing filter! It's like sunglasses for my lens. It will filter the amount of light shed onto a photo, and it will sharpen the colors that reflect back into my camera's lens. Nice!*Meanwhile, tonight I made Szechuan Turkey with Green Beans and Craig loved it and we ate too much and I ran the dishwasher (nice!) Soon, I am off to bed because I can't make it much past 10. The rest of this week is easy and I won't be cooking as much. We're eating Kashi frozen pizzas and drinking Diet Cokes and watching Netflix through the rest of the week. And maybe I will mess with the Nikon again on Saturday. But now I want a filter, a small plastic film to pop onto my lens and to sharpen colors as I know them. That might be the key that I'm looking for with regard to the 40. It just might be.

0 Comments:

<< Home