June 25, 2008

Mets



To further procrastinate matters, last night we went to the Mets game. We had tickets from a guy who has a friend who...blah blah...and sat approximately five rows back from the field, anticipating a great time, only, the Mets can't seem to keep it together. They were playing the Seattle Mariners and it was...embarrassing, at best. But, we enjoyed Tuna Tartare and Southwestern Spring Rolls before the game in the Diamond Club, then moved to our awesome seats and fought to see over the waving arms and arms raising toddlers in the air of all the patrons seated in rows 1-4 (let me tell you, enjoying baseball over all of those arms and babies is HARD!) but in the end, even armed (so to speak) with the Nikon, I still had trouble shooting sports photos. I attempted continuous shooting mode multiple (so to speak) times, and things went well, but not decent enough to post. So, instead of any celeb sports stars at bat, I'm choosing to post an old stadium (Shea) with a new (Citi Field) in its backdrop (and by the way, that sky is not doctored, it was really that blue), a corner of Shea with Airplane, and the crazy giant headed mascot who smiles endlessly, Mr. Met. He freaks me out, but this shot was at safe distance.*Tonight, we headed to the Container Store for Craig's engineered pantry shelves. Everything went well with the exception that the "top track" of Craig's design had two too many inches on its length, so we had to make a few in-store provisions. No matter...we ordered what we wanted, were told we needed to wait 45 minutes for some shelving cuts, so we went to a hot little Cuban restaurant at like 60th and 3rd. We shared a cheap bottle of wine and each ordered plates full of meat (Cuban food is not for the meat-weary) then returned to the Container Store for our stuff. We then battled out the door (I begged Craig not to maim anyone with the longer parts) and grabbed a cab to come home. Now, all that remains with regard to the new pantry is for us to get the keys to the new place tomorrow night and for Craig to build it inside the closet that will become my kitchen pantry. Tomorrow is our last day of work for the week, but by no means our last day of work for the week. We are going to be busy, busy, busy these next few days! Luckily Jeff, Lauren, Alison, Scott and Amanda have extended their offers to help!*Tonight when we got home, I called my parents and Craig called his younger sis. After all phones were hung up, Craig told me that his sister has ordered an enlarged b&w photo that I took in South Carolina and they have plans to have it framed - and maybe she wants my signature when we see them in August!! Kara has no idea how happy that made me today (thanks, KB!) and how much that makes me want to keep roughing it with the Nikon, if not shooting intentional photos, possibly happy accidental ones. The thought of one of my images becoming a framed piece in their home elates me!! And I know that in part, it's because we were all there together, and having a photo as a memory is a wonderful way not to forget. But either way, I thank her for the gesture! I think it made Craig happy, too.*Craig is watching some Treasures Disney movie sequel, and I'm going to think about heading off to bed soon. Beginning tomorrow, we are unleashing a huge weekend of physical (and emotional!) labor. The thing is, I wouldn't want any of this, would not want to do any of this, if it were not for him. He stirs all of the adventure in me. Thanks, CB!*

0 Comments:

<< Home