June 30, 2008

Kitchens

Here it is - the toy kitchen. The photo is terrible with tons of noise, but that's because I'm not having luck with figuring out lighting photos in poorly lit situations and white balance and I'm not reading up on it because I've been so busy...additionally, I think a lens upgrade will motivate me to learn more, considering lens upgrades cost more than the camera bodies themselves. We stopped at Best Buy on our way home tonight so that Craig could buy some kind of superior audio/visual cable (much of which we won't experience in full until we upgrade to Blue Ray, which is within several months of happening) and he also bought me Juno (finally we own it!) and I manhandled a bunch of dSLR's upstairs in the camera department, now that I own one and can compare. I am fond of the D40. I did not like the option ring on the D60. And Canons? All of the Canons were just not even worth eyeballing. So anyway, I spotted a few lens options and all were priced higher than my D40 kit itself. Tons of reviewers of photography equipment lecture the same lecture over and over, that the Equipment Does Not Make the Photographer, with which I mostly agree, but I also tend to think that investing money in a hobby fuels motivation.*Tonight I was prepared to make my chicken, orzo, mushroom and Asiago dish (although I currently only have Romano on hand - decent substitute) however Craig and I commuted home together and he easily talked me into Jasmine. We were being chased from Best Buy to Jasmine by such thick and ominous clouds, but it never did rain, so we ate our Thai food in the warm damp atmosphere of Jasmine - were they saving energy by not running A/C?? Then we trudged home in more humidity, and now Craig is determined to figure out the cabling and the audio of our home theater system. Oh, I also somewhat manhandled a Macbook at Best Buy. Of course, I would never, ever, ever in a trillion years buy a Mac from anywhere but an Apple store, but I did just want to pound the keypad a little, lift the thing, and just basically make physical contact with a future purchase (having also seen Jeff's). I'm pretty confident that this coming year will be the Year of the Upgrade, meaning, Craig and I can finally approach replacing many of our tattered and worn belongings with new. By no means is our Dell on the outs - so a Macbook is not an upgrade (while some might argue otherwise!) But the couch purchase, perhaps an arm chair...the Blue Ray machine...we would just like to treat ourselves to a few things we've not been able to treat ourselves to in the past. We're not really superficial or material-needy people, but some luxuries would be nice. Ok, like living in Manhattan is not a luxury, in and of itself!! I know.*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cabinets look ODDLY familiar...where do I know them from?!?!

Yay - MacBook! We love ours - even though it is just a year old now. Still works the same as it did when we ordered it from Apple. :) Ahhh...fond memories.

4:51 PM  

<< Home