September 13, 2009

Spectacles

Finally, I finally launched myself back into a MacBook photo transfer afternoon, meaning, I sorted through approximately 50 old folders on the PC, selected photos I have been semi-happy with, and transferred them to Annie. The above posted photograph is one I possibly have already posted, but I was happily reminded of that day when I found it. Craig and I toured to the top of the Met. This was a "balloon dog" sculpture, yellow and shiny and neat. Anyway, now that I have nearly 70 photographs in Annie, I've got even more ambition to mess with both Photoshop and Light Room! So glad I've got good access to these. It will take me some time, but I think I can eventually meet my day of reckoning with photography. Funny, I keep throwing around that phrase "day of reckoning," but in actuality, I do not know what it means! Anyway, Craig and I have had an extremely lazy weekend, and while we are supposed to go to the U.S. Open tonight with one of his subcontractors (yesterday's tennis was rained out, otherwise we would have gone last night) I somehow hope this event gets canceled. I just interrupted my thoughts to converse with Craig about this and somehow, I don't see this thing being canceled. That means, hurray!(sarcasm)...I get to ride out to Flushing tonight on the 7 train for tennis (and since both Oudin and Serena got the boot, it will suck) and tomorrow again in the morning to work on a job that has long since been forgotten. But, you know, I'm blessed in a lot of ways. Like how the roof remains over my head. And Craig is my very best friend. And Annie is being delicately filled with pieces of me. And life rolls on, like a wheel, and I'm seeing and doing new things. Europe is a stone's throw away. Hmm, a big stone, but a stone nonetheless!*This morning I watched The Devil Wears Prada while Craig worked on his computer. It was a lot of fun. I've seen it before, but it's been a while, and I very much enjoyed Anne Hathaway, which is cool, because I more recently enjoyed her in Rachel Getting Married, and am now somewhat filing her into my "favorite actress" folder. She's pretty neat. Not neat like Maggie Gyllenhaal or Natalie Portman or Zooey Deschanel neat, but neat nonetheless.*I am off to clean a few things and maybe nap a little (if I can muster that) and then I suppose travel the neverending distance out to Flushing Meadows. That trip is beginning to feel like the rest of my life. I cannot wait until it becomes a thing of the past.

0 Comments:

<< Home