September 09, 2009

Teens

We're watching the U.S. Open together. It's a strange sensation for me, because I've never felt as enthralled (to clarify: in tennis) as I do now. There is this itty bitty Georgian girl (from Marietta! Where I used to work when we lived in Atlanta!) who is only 17 who is rocking the courts, and I really want her to win! But she's playing against a 9th ranked chick who pretty much is a badass. I've got my fingers crossed, though. We are going Saturday night for the women's finals and I'd like to be into it, versus not caring who is out there. Who knew teenagers could be so talented and skilled and successful? Teen me? I was at coffee shops with notebooks and pens pretending to be a Beatnik. Oh, well.*Things are going well, relatively speaking. I mean, our office is absent of most life form, which is uniquely a satisfying and disappointing experience all at once. Craig is traveling to Indianapolis for the whole week next week. I will have free range of the apartment; let's hope I don't develop my own personal version of The Shining's cabin fever...meaning, I really should get out and about. I may go shopping for my "hipster douchebag" Euro wardrobe at The Buffalo Exchange in Manhattan. And I will write restaurant reviews, and eat healthy, and live well, in general. But of course, I will miss Craig. He's fun to have around.*Oh, boy, our little Oudin from Georgia might lose...I gather she will. But she's just a teen! She's got tons of time.*Sorry for a short post. Above photo doctored in Photoshop...(thanks to a special someone for helping a sister with photog stuff.)

0 Comments:

<< Home