February 21, 2009

Plans

bodega storefront in somewhere, manhattan
It's Saturday. I'm home today. It's that simple. I'm supposed to be at work - not, as in, someone mandated it, but as a responsible team member I should really be there alongside everyone else. But I'm tired. I'm no more tired than anyone else, but this week I really caved to quite a few of my panic episodes and yelled at more people - nice people, even! - than I ever would want to do. Plus, our apartment is a total wreck and that isn't likely to amend itself, so I have plans today. First, I will thank myself for going back to sleep at 7 and sleeping until 9.12 [insert: unfortunately, I sleep "in" better alone than with Craig there. He calls me a heat box but he also is a heat box and I think we are both prone to the effects generated off each other's heat, which is often something that gets me out of bed]. Although, in that span of 2 hours 12 minutes I managed to dream that Craig had proposed to me, only, the ring had a baseball stadium on it. I know, right! Ghastly. And I remember in the dream that as I showed it off to friends and family, I loved it as dearly as I'd love it had he proposed offering a crumpled paper sack, but still vaguely wondering why I had imagined his taste might just be a little better than that? So, we were in a house that we shared with our friend Brooke. She had family in town, tons of family, children, each equipped with their own pet of varying species - cats, dogs, a snake even...and Brooke kept assuring me it was just for the day. I was happy about the stadium ring and proposal, but really confused with so much activity. There were carpet stains from the children and animals, clutter was strewn about, and it all just happened like a funnel cloud swirling around me. And there were live musicians in the recreation room at the back of the house - chaos. Anyway, there's more but I want drag it on - I just sort of woke up realizing why I am not blessed to be a lucid dreamer even though in theory, it sounds like it would be cool.*The photos above were enhanced by a stellar iPhone app I found. Enough on that.*So. Plans. I'm going to make a list and I will report back to myself on what gets completed today...
  1. Change into Saturday clothes out of jammies.
  2. Make bed.
  3. Write grocery list for Craig's mom's chili that he is making us tonight.
  4. Include on that list a few other stray items, like I Can't Believe it's Not Butter.
  5. Go to Key Food for grocery items. First, travel further north on second to Ace for Drano because our shower is at that stage where it's time and the fabric shower liner is beginning to waft scents that smell like stinky feet.
  6. Return home. Unload grocery items into various cooled or room temperatured locations in apartment.
  7. Begin the fridge cleaning operation, which could be really unfun considering the number of containers containing leftovers from...a while back.
  8. Unload dishwasher.
  9. Load dishwasher with stray items like the kickass Fat Tire pint glass I'm drinking Diet Coke from right now because going to Dunkin Donuts for iced coffees didn't rank very high this a.m.
  10. Clean apartment. Begin in bedroom. Slowly drift through rooms cleaning, all the while washing the bath mat, shower liner, stray bath towels, kitchen towels, etc. across the street at the Ladies'.
  11. Listen to music all this time and avoid contact with other iPhone stuff and computer! Principally it will keep me focused.
  12. Maybe receive my first installment of Cooking Light today?????? If so, pour over.
  13. Contemplate finishing taxes, but maybe think better of that and leave it until Sunday.
  14. Eat a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese for lunch! Because I can. Suck it, Weight Watchers.
  15. Cease to feel guilty about not going to work because I will have accomplished a lot around here and neglecting home life is wrong, just wrong!

And that, Miss Kristin, is your day. Make it happen. If all is resolved in timely fashion, Arrested Development marathon can take place later this afternoon! Ready, set, GO!

0 Comments:

<< Home