March 30, 2009

Friendships

We did it. We opened our project. And we're tired, but we've survived it. Today was refreshingly quiet and calm comparatively speaking. I shot the above posted with the iPhone once we made it home last night - those are our fire escapes, that is our building facade, our home on E. 92nd Street. We're still recovering, but I think we're close to feeling normal again.*I would love nothing more than to post and post, to let it all out, everything I have been feeling, but after cooking a pretty decent pasta with onions, fennel and sausage, plus a colorful salad of greens, red bell pepper, English cucumber and red cabbage, I am overly tired. And today I arranged, over email, that we meet up with an old friend of mine from Detroit who will be in New York tomorrow. We're meeting him at Momofuku Ssam for dinner, then plan to have a beer at Vol de Nuit, Against the Grain and maybe Satsko, if we make it that late. This friend dates way back, and it will be good to see him. He's got two children now, and lives in Dallas working for his father's company. He and Craig weren't exactly civil with one another back when we were all in the same office, but I love Craig for the fact that when I told him Jason would be in town and was asking for restaurant suggestions, Craig offered that we meet up with him and show him around a little. Oh, my Craig is such a great guy! Things are different now - it's been like 8 years and we've all come a long way. So that's tomorrow. And this weekend is the Boston Red Sox exhibition game against the Mets in their new home. It will be cool.*Tired, and off to find some sleep in the corner of my room.

0 Comments:

<< Home