January 10, 2009

Snows

pictures don't do this snowfall justice...
oh, and here is a random photo of my roast from last weekend!

Snow is being dumped on New York City today. It's so nice to be here in this. Snow for non-driving types is just beautiful, not a road block!*I've disappeared from the blogosphere for a while because I've been busy writing reviews of bars for a freelance (not for pay) publication called Thirsty? New York. Lauren sent me the craigslist ad a few months ago, and I responded immediately and soon the bars I've reviewed will be included in a tangible publication. I don't believe I came across overly brilliant in my reviews, but it's going to be such a fun keepsake, knowing that in 2009 my New York "local" editorial perspective will be shed on other New Yorkers and even guests to New York. I still owe the editor 2 remaining bar reviews, 1 which is written, and the other which remains to be researched.*Things are changing. Winter is here in full force, as is all of the mental trainwreck involved with "end of job" problems. This year, Craig and I complete our work on our current job. I'm terrified, sad, angry...what have you...that it's time again to bite my nails and fret this. It's everything, this time. It's me and him. It's career, a possible transfer, leaving New York. We're headlong into our thirties and everything could crumble in a blink, everything could deteriorate to something I'm not ready to confront or believe. Leaving New York is a mortifying concept. Potentially not being with him is even worse. The economy is picking apart America, deleting job after job. We're in for a ride, this year. I love lots of things, but I don't love this fear that I have mounting in my middle. How nice it would be to know what's in store tomorrow.*Off to catch snowflakes in my mouth. Oh, to be 10 again.


0 Comments:

<< Home