June 19, 2008

Lives

The jade lives! Look at her go...it's like she never went through the ugly trauma of an attempted re-pot. There are still stalks headed out away from the rest of the plant, but I've found that the central portion of the thing just remembered how to grow upright out of the soil. Nice! It's taken some time, but I guess I need to go back and re-name my early photography series. It was never a Dead Jade to begin with!*I'm not supposed to be posting right now. I have chained myself to some old college notebooks tonight and to Microsoft Word to splash some old KB poetry history across blank pages in attempt to get some material ready for Sharon next week. But I'm here posting because I think I did well! I have like 8 pages of stuff now. Now, it is a matter of reading all of it two days from now and groaning and rubbing my head and realizing what a terrible poet I was as a teenager and into my early twenties! But it's neat to see what my brain was up to in like 1996. I was pretty in tune with what people said, casually. I used to write down some of the most profound (rather, what I found to be profound!) things that I would hear people say. And then I would run off with that. An art prof that I have labeled simply as "Jacob" made the books quite frequently. I remember him well - he was my color theory prof. He treated art very academically. Art was not a free-for-all concept, to him. He was gripped by the science of art, instead.*Anyway, I had to come post quickly, primarily because as I floated off to the old word world where I used to reside, mentally, I almost lost my practical 30-something self. And nothing brings a floating 30-something crashing back like a blog post.*It nears 9.30, and I have to review the many pages of what I've typed. I don't owe Sharon anything for like 5 days, so perhaps I can put together something by then! Wonders never cease.*Meanwhile, tomorrow night Craig and I see The Cure at Madison Square Garden. I have a painting of Robert Smith that is half finished that I did at age 16 or 17. Mr. Jones, my high school art teacher, liked it unfinished. And I might be able to be the only Robert Smith fan who can claim 10.15 on a Saturday Night to be her favorite song. I don't know - maybe there are others who can endure the ongoing "drip drip drip drip drip drip drip" etc. of live performances of the song?*Saturday morning begins the self-served house arrest. We have so much to do, just, unbelievably. We're so ill prepared to move right now. I can't believe I'm sitting in an unpacked oversized closet right now, for instance! But it will happen. And of course, as is the trend, it will be photographed in its entirety!

0 Comments:

<< Home