November 29, 2008

Wars

Above shown is the Manhattan Bird, as I like to refer to it. The paprika contributed to the beautiful coloring, and the thyme leaves added a pungent flavor. We ate well yesterday, and leftovers today were equally delicious - maybe better! I am awake again at a pretty late hour. I took a very much needed nap for way more hours than I can comprehend, because I needed it so badly. I've had a really awkward day - woke up far too early, ran around the apartment cleaning every small corner of the place in anticipation of the arrival of the Lews tomorrow. They are flying in and have an extended stay here before they travel to Hawaii for a week, and I am elated - just beside myself - to see them and their absolutely awesome baby Alexander. The last time we saw Alex was at the Gordons' wedding, and back then Alex just slept a lot. His eyes were curious when open, but that was a rarity! Now he's closing in on a year, minus a few months, which means he is going to be crawling all over the place, eyes open to everything, maybe even laughing a little. I hold the Lews in such high esteem - almost everyone I know knows that, because I am not quiet about it! - because they took amazing care of me while I was in St. Louis and in need of warm family. Roger and I have a unique exchange happening, while Mary smiles and nods at it knowing what we're exchanging (she has told people before that I am Roger's long lost sister), which is more often than not a lot of linguistic twister. :) And Mary knows right when to weigh in, and she's got gorgeous big eyes and perfect freckles and such a sweet sentiment to her. I just love them all. I can't wait to see Alexander, now that he's becoming much of his mother and father. His tiny baby hands are going to be slapping all over our wood floors while he crawls around to explore. Oh! Good times!*The post is titled Wars because Craig is at battle with Leggo Star Wars characters on our Wii. It is cracking me up. All of the characters and scene set-ups are Leggo. It's the coolest way for Craig to spend a Friday evening after a nice holiday. Nice work, Nintendo. :)

0 Comments:

<< Home