November 25, 2008

Thanks


Thanksgiving is upon us, and of course, in the spirit of the holiday, I feel the urge to post about how blessed I've been this year. Turning 31 sort of haunted me as a person. I don't think the number 31 agrees with me, which is fine, now that we're shaking hands on it, me and 31. I can rattle off some things that have really hurt me this year, like how I went on medicine and completely stopped writing, or how I fell away from the kitchen and finally found my way back (and subsequently, now my kitchen smells like the beginning of the holidays, thanks to Craig's pies and my cranberry relish!) Or I could write about several days of my life that I hope to never, ever re-live. Days that found me lost. Or I could mention how strangely un-talented I am at my job, yet, when I was really good at what I did in college, I hated everything then, too. But I'm not trying to dismiss the blessing part of this. The blessing part is that Craig and I live in a new, fairly perfect apartment with a wonderful couch that we saved to purchase. The bigger blessing is that we're together, and that his love for me never seems to have boundaries. He just keeps giving love. Another blessing is that Obama is our new president!!! And yet another blessing is that I think life might get good in the future. I've waited for what has felt like a whole lifetime to feel this optimistic. I've never looked so hopefully to what's to come. But, now I am, and now I'm shoving aside every single apprehension I have ever had, I'm shining a light on me and those around me, and together, we are going to change everything for the Good. At least, a girl can dream. :) Happy Holidays!! Most specifically, Happy Holidays to a really good friend of mine (hi, AB!) who is juggling some serious business in her life right now. I heart you girl!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "shout out"! :) You are my BESTEST friend, and I am so grateful that you are in my life - always, but especially right now. :)

XOXO

PS - I am also attempting a cranberry-orange relish this year. It's a WW recipe, so we'll have to swap stories afterward!

2:24 PM  

<< Home