June 04, 2008

Loves


I can't write for long. It's so close to 10 and that is what I consider to be my older age bedtime, but tonight Craig and I abandoned my Szechuan dinner plans and ate sushi, instead, at a new place where we brought our own bottle of wine. We came home to a massive mailing from Roger, Mary and Alexander - a disc of photographs that I knew was en route, only, I did not realize Roger was going to include photographs from as far back as 2004! So the top photo depicts what Mary did with my hair for our Mardi Gras celebration in St. Louis in 2004. And the photo below it depicts the two couples I'd love to have around when my children are born and raised, Mary (minus Rog who snapped the photo) and Karen and Wojo. We're walking somewhere in Alexandria, Virginia, in this picture, I think. Anyway, after laughing all the way through the adorable letter that "Alexander" wrote, and the sweet card from Mary thanking us for the NYC bear that we brought for Alex the weekend of Gordon and Julie's wedding, I just remembered how completely real and strong it is to love people - to hold a family, such as theirs, so close to my heart - to want to be in their son's life when he's walking and talking and recognizing - and how important it is that those of us who encounter each other along the way just don't forget one another. It's been exciting for me to share Craig with Roger and Mary, and vice versa. It was great for Wojo and Craig to develop their own thing without me even realizing it had happened! And to know that if I really need to get someone on the phone - if I'm just in need of a chat - I can get Mary or Rog or Wojo or Karen quickly - and if I want a totally fun, laughable and hilarious weekend soon, I can make sure we all meet up somewhere. Rog, Mary, Alexander...tons of my love to you and thanks for the pics!!! I will see you soon. Alexander, we have a lot to catch up on, young man.

0 Comments:

<< Home