October 06, 2007

Albums

I finally put together some of my recipes this afternoon. See above photo of album filled with recipes, plus wine and candle. This is my Saturday night, rather isolated from my favorite football fan who is one room over shouting and grunting at Purdue on tv as they play a monumental game tonight against Ohio State. We've had a really great lazy Saturday: this morning he went and got us bagels, which are now an extremely rare treat, and coffees, and we watched some recorded tv from the week, followed by Knocked Up which I just loved, loved and loved! Oh, I loved every last human in the film. They were such witty individuals and for the most part, the movie felt very real. I am so glad we own it because watching it over and over won't be a problem for me! I loved Izzie in it - she was so funny and in such different character from who she is as Izzie! Anyway, after that, I left the apartment to run a few errands. Then I came back and tooled around in iTunes - deleted the Beastie Boys from my Nano at last (I'm too old for them, I've decided, and every time they come on during a shuffle session I jump up to forward to the next song) and I also uploaded the Eddie Vedder Into the Wild soundtrack that he wrote into my Nano, and that is what I'm listening to right now. Craig is a member of the Ten Club and he received the CD in the mail last week. It's pretty nice - very tranquil and much what I'd expect of solo Eddie. After messing about in iTunes, I headed to my temple (the kitchen) and cleaned up some miscellaneous dishes before making a pretty simple Chicken with Creamy Herbs sauce. The sauce is comprised of just white cooking wine, water, chicken bouillon, corn starch and lite chives and onion cream cheese, and along with it I made my favorite creamy parmesan orzo and asparagus. Craig loved dinner and told me so. Then I cleaned up and here I am to launch into Poetry Night while he watches football! It works out so well. I check in on him every here and there to make sure he hasn't fallen over with excitement over Purdue on tv! He loves it.*I also spent some time today scoping out our Christmas Mexico adventure. I can't wait! It will be so relaxing. The handful of packages I found might have us spending one layover night in Dallas, so I'm thinking we will leave the Saturday before Christmas and not return until the following Friday. That has us in Cabos for 5 nights. I will need to stock up on stacks of magazines and possibly some books. It sounds as though we won't be on the beach much, at least not to attempt a swim, because the currents in that part of Mexico are dangerous and swimming in the ocean is unlawful. Hey, no problem with me! I associate the ocean with one thing: sharks. Deposit me poolside over oceanside any day of the week! It will be so great. We've never done anything like it before, not together. Sweet lazy Christmas in Mexico.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed Knocked Up! :) Mark and I went to see it at the Fox, and I can't decide what I loved more - the movie or the atmosphere!!!

Hope things are going well!

7:15 PM  

<< Home