September 13, 2007

Couches

I had a better day today than the previous 3. I somewhat recognized my worth today at work, helping out, being smart, and so forth. Craig had a long couple of meetings tonight so I ran out at 5 and stopped at Orva (aka, The Place That Wants All My Money For Cute Clothes) when I got to 86th Street, tried on several items that fit me nicely versus the old, "Wow, how do I hide THAT roll of flesh and fat...??" and did not buy one thing, proudly! All that I potentially would have bought would have been fun additions to my wardrobe, but I stand firmly planted on the idea that First, I Haul Old Clothes To Good Will (which happens to be down 2nd Avenue not far from us!), Then I Buy New. Sounds like a good plan. So, I came home and struggled into the sports bra and cotton pants and tennies to work out...a little, anyway...when I heard a rap at our front door. Mind you, when I came home (I'm damning myself for not photographing this as evidence!) a large overstuffed full length couch was hanging out in the hallway. So the rap at our door (our door which was dented, by the way, likely by these guys) was guys trying to get Said Couch into the apartment across the hall from us (which is maybe 3' from our front door - not enough room to really shove an overstuffed couch in without our door being wide open, also.) So, these guys wanted me to open my door for manageability and maneuverability of the Huge Couch, and I felt like Mrs. Nice Guy today, so I permitted them to use my wide open doorway as assistance. They were young nice boys, so I then volunteered them each a beer, to which they cooed over and one said, "We never turn down a beer from a pretty girl," and another said, "I will be back to see you. In like 3 days!" These were nice boosts to my self-esteem, so as I handed them the 3 beers from our fridge, I said, "I have to get ready for dinner now, but you all have fun," I felt like a really hot girl (standing there in cotton pants, a cute Banana Republic tank top and sports bra...and skinny arms!) living in the heart of a really hot City. So today, rather, this evening, was good for me. And tomorrow is Friday, which leads right into a totally activity-free weekend with my man. Yes! Oh, except book club which meets Sunday in Park Slope at Emilie's.*Additionally, I replied to my co-worker's story (the one I read on yesterday's train) and he appreciated my response, particularly the fact that I pointed out that he wrote "strait" in lieu of "straight" several times - I wrote, "as in Gibraltar"...and he wondered if I had ever imagined myself as a copy editor...which, sadly is yes, my dream job. Scan/read text for grammatical, syntactical, spelling, misuse, etc. error???? Ohhhh, just lather me in it. I would be so good at it. It's like I see it (and I have really bad eyes!) from a million miles away. Come to me, copy...and I will edit you. Anyway, that made me feel good, too.*Above pictured: Hope Lounge in Williamsburg - apropos for the way I think I feel today.

0 Comments:

<< Home