September 06, 2007

Portions

This is work - I'm not going to lie. But it's very self-gratifying/satisfying when the end result is appreciated so sincerely. I've made this dish before, but tonight, Craig specifically pointed out how magazine-esque or restaurant-esque it looked (shown above are his portions, clearly!...clearly mine are far less!) The orzo has fat-free low-sodium chicken broth, water, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese in it, the asparagus has Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzled overtop with garlic powder, ground seasoned pepper and sea salt, and the chicken cakes are comprised of ground raw chicken (ground by self in food processor!), chopped chives, fat-free mayo, egg whites, whole wheat bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning and Extra Virgin Olive Oil - a lot of work, considering the fine packing of small chicken cakes out of all the above mentioned (sticky, wet mess) but then the cakes are served with aioli (this particular one contains horseradish, yummm) which is the white mound shown next to Craig's cakes. The whole package as a dinner is terrific. I let Craig tell me so repeatedly. In fact, I begged him to repeat himself so that all the work (including clean up - groan) put into it totalled to Worth It.*I'm so relieved the weekend is almost here. I'm tired. We're beat. And we have a lot going on this weekend, ranging from US Open Women's Champ Tennis to Weight Watchers double dinner date with Alison and Scott again to Jets-New England opener at the Meadowlands. Needless to say, I will be out and about. But I will also be sleeping in Saturday and Sunday mornings, heavily. (Um, that, for me, means just past 7 - yeah!)*Welcome football season and the way it distracts (puts to sleep) Craig so that I can accomplish more than when I'm playing the role of entertainer ontop of everything else! And now I can sneak off to bed early and he won't even notice or complain!

0 Comments:

<< Home