September 27, 2007

Mistakes

Can you identify the overlooked incorrect grammar in this beer poster? It's weird - I feel like I've posted this already once before but I only encountered it last weekend, so potentially it's been a post I've just been meaning to post. Anyway, someone was paid to lay out and proofread this poster. Hopefully not much.*Tonight has been refreshing compared to many nights this week thus far. I am constantly bragging about cooking and about Craig loving what I cook, and most nights I clean and tidy up corners of the apartment (specifically our bedroom which is far too tiny to let clutter accumulate), and by 9 or a little after I'm shot and ready for bed. A little bit of TV perhaps, or intentions to translate recipes from 8.5x11 print-outs to the blank recipe cards Craig's mom sent me several years ago (many are filled out but many are not), or washing my face, or planning a new dinner for subsequent weeks...but honestly, it's exhausting. After getting up so early and heading out to work and working (no windows in office, tight air most days, but that's all I'll say!) and commuting home and then trying to do anything else (much of the above listed), plaster me to my bed - I'm done. Early, too. But tonight we volunteered our really good Mets tickets to a co-worker (this was a game rain delayed from earlier in the season - the Mets are getting creamed and are risking no post-season play - we have it on TV in the other room) so that we could come home and get things ready for our trip to Washington, D.C. tomorrow (funny, is there a comma in there??) to see Roger and Mary. We're leaving right from work with our co-worker Wojo (who worked with Roger a hundred years ago in Milwaukee) and Wojo's fiancee Karen. Karen will be working in Princeton, NJ and will be awaiting our arrival via train from work. We will all pile into Wojo's/Karen's car and drive to D.C. I'm so excited, really elated, actually, because between the 6 of us, there is a lot of clever wit and experience and fun, and we're a great group. Our plan is to wake early Saturday and kayak on the Potomac. Later in the morning or early in the afternoon we will find the Purdue-Notre Dame football game (historical big one for Purdue and Notre Dame)(and Craig, Roger and Mary all graduated from Purdue) and some beer and watch. Then we will play it by ear. It's supposed to be gorgeous, so why duck into dark museums? Who knows what will pan out. As I've recently blurted out on my blog page, Mary is an expectant mother so we need to go easy on her!! But then again, Roger, Wojo, Craig and Karen know how to belly up, too. Any way it goes down, it will be fun. I love them all. I can't wait to see Roger and Mary. Such fun and wonderful kids...*Off to complete some more tasks before the 9 o'clock mindless TV session begins.

0 Comments:

<< Home