June 21, 2007

Tanks

New York City is hot (temperature hot). It's hot in the morning, it's hot on the subway platform, it's hot in the Park, it's hot in a deli. This is the time of year where cute tank tops come in handy. So, in the process of losing some weight (although I've had a hard time in the past two weeks breaking roughly the same 5-lb. range) I decided to duck into Orva (department store at 86th and Lex) and find some deals on cute tanks. Above shown are the deals I landed. The tank on the left is what I fit into, the one on the right is my goal. I can deftly secure my limbs and chest into the tank on the right, but getting out of it is a Houdini escapist show, and I definitely would like the ease with which I get out of cute shirts to be, well, easier.*Tonight I made a dish the second time around for us. In it: onion, garlic, thyme, mushrooms, chicken, brown rice, white wine, chicken broth and salt and pepper - totally unassuming, right? It tasted pretty good tonight, round 2. But now, Craig is asleep on the couch and I'm biting my nails over the work engagement we have to attend this weekend. I was adamantly opposed at first, and had Craig convinced that we didn't need to go, but several conversations later with him have implied that we have to make an appearance. So, Saturday morning, instead of waking up leisurely next to Craig, making coffee, having breakfast (which is now Cheerios and skim milk versus the older standby sausage, egg and cheese Everything bagel from Bagel Express...hail to the Bagel Gods...) and doing whatever listless thing we want on a Saturday, we have to shower before 9, leave the apartment by 10 and head out to Long Island for this ill-scheduled and poorly mapped "team event". I have insisted to Craig, with all the insisting might that I possess, that we are not staying past 3 o'clock. We're simply not. Dustin and Fi are coming to New York next weekend, our apartment is in shambles, and I hate work functions: what other reason needs to be placed on the table to leave the work thing early? I think I've covered all the bases.*So to speak.

0 Comments:

<< Home