May 09, 2007

Tables

Here it is: the replacement for the old round glass topped dinner table. It seems to pale in comparison, I know. But it is working out well. And now, as of tonight, we also have a new coffee table, which will make its own appearance soon. I can't write for long: Craig and I have been scrubbing this apartment top to bottom for days in preparation for his parents' visit beginning tomorrow - but I did want to note that buying and selling furniture in New York is very similar to doing so in college: post an ad, maybe a picture, and a phone number...I call up Katie (the seller) and she informs me she's moving in a week and Everything Must Go, and so Katie (the seller) tells me she's home, so I go climb the endless winding stairs to her soon-to-be-former apartment, greet her, congratulate her on leaving Manhattan even though people leaving Manhattan actually rather deserve punches in the nose, but Katie is nice enough, I fall in love with her little Pier 1 coffee table, leave promising to drag Craig back sometime soon, I then run into Craig on the street, drag him to see the coffee table, and we buy it. It's all very much like a dream. But so now we have not only a new dining table (shown above) which was very pre-meditated but we also have a new Pier 1 coffee table that Katie, moving to San Francisco, can't drag with her across the country. And now Craig and I have a place to sprawl our legs and feet while we watch TV. Again, the coffee table will make its own appearance soon enough. For now, I need to get to bed. Tomorrow Craig's parents arrive. We show them New York and leave Sunday for Rhode Island - ocean air. Craig summons me so I must sign off. But I'm so happy that we're now loaded with tables we love. And so forth.*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute table! Does buying furniture from Katie include free delivery?? :) Did you guys get it to your place in a cab?

1:41 PM  

<< Home