May 26, 2013

Loves

Dear you. Look at us.
This is a love letter.
Remember how falling in love like that felt like standing under a massive avalanche of *unbelievable.* And remember how many times we traveled up and down together?
Remember that instance where you grabbed me and said, "You need a hat"? We were in an alley of New York City and there were bear hats at a kiosk and you insisted that we both had to have one, and this was the last night before I left for LA? And how seeing Once turned everything upside down, for us.
And we had Thai tea and coffee that night. And rode in a sad cab, back to Gramercy.
And how we piled onto that couch together, somehow, as we had grown to do, and how our bodies somehow figured it out. How we wrapped that white sheet around us.
How that next morning, the reality stood facing us like a dark shadow and how we would try to deal with it: you would ride with me to Kennedy, and we would part ways.
And how you would tell me quickly, with my flight coming soon, that you had started to consider to me to be your girlfriend...and how that would make my pulse increase.
And then, every trip following, G.
Yours in January, mine in February, the two amazing ones in March, and the *highs and lows* one in April.
Now, it's late May, and I miss you so much I could just die.
This is a love letter because I want you to know how very much you affected me, and that I love you way more than I could ever say here, but I do, and I am genuinely positively affected by you every day.
My heart beats differently because of you. Harder, stronger. You are such a force.
I love you.


0 Comments:

<< Home