March 23, 2008

Brackets

Happy Easter! I keep telling that to Craig today and he keeps asking me why I keep telling him that. I explain, What's not happy about Easter? and he has no response! We've had a fairly good weekend. There is a lot of college basketball (March Madness) distracting us from Real Life but we've enjoyed it. The above shown photograph is of "Swamp Water" at Brother Jimmy's snapped yesterday, when the waitress who served us all day and into the evening liked us so well that she treated us to this on the house. I can say firmly that every time I've had sips of this stuff, I've likened it to a bitter version of Tang or Kool-Aid. Nevertheless, my company let us out early Good Friday, and while I took total happy advantage of the break, Craig couldn't break away and therefore I rode the train solo to the Lower East Side. He kept assuring me he was on his way, and it took a lot of time but he did finally come meet me, and we had a nice time. College basketball during March Madness can be maddening, which I felt was the case Friday. And Saturday, we woke up together so happy to be ensconced in a weekend and we watched all the shows we hadn't caught from the week. Then we watched a movie called Diggers, then we got ready and headed out to Brother Jimmy's for hoops. This morning we both wanted out of bed early. We were overslept, tired but not satisfied with our restless sleep, so we headed to breakfast at Genesis after discovering Yura wouldn't be serving Easter brunch. And now I am cooking up Burgundy Beef Tips for dinner, and Craig wants to eat. There is another hour before dinner is ready, potatoes, green beans and all. But I've worked really hard today: I shopped for groceries, came home, packed them away, scrubbed the bathroom top to bottom, and scrubbed the kitchen, too. I feel pretty much like I've done good work, and regardless of Craig's complaints now, he will be happy when dinner is ready. I don't know. It's Easter. This is a weird time for us because we're not with family and we're not big Easter celebrators. I don't know. Happy Easter to our families, and to my favorite person, who roams around this apartment grazing for food at this hour!!*

0 Comments:

<< Home