February 09, 2008

Treatments

It's nearing 5.30 on My Day and it's been pretty decent. I woke up fairly early this morning, in the 8 range, and loaded recently shot pics into the computer, padded around the apartment in socked-feet and waited for Craig to wake up. When he did (finally! nearer 10!), he headed out for bagels and coffee and returned and I started marathoning sitcoms on DVD (How I Met Your Mother and Friends) and I wrote out about 5 new recipes to slip into my cool recipe book. Then I popped in some Grey's Anatomy, which is currently on in the other room as I type this and as Craig naps (of course!) Craig made us a couple of blue cocktails and mid-blue cocktail is when he became sleepy, while we were half-watching Flight of the Conchords (jury's still out on whether it's worth my time at all) so now he's down for a bit and I'm partially listening to Grey's and wanting to recap some stuff from last week at the same time.*There are a lot more hours left of My Day, including Craig putting together one of my turkey chili recipes and two chick flicks I have yet to watch.*Last week, we went to a Knicks game and the following night went to Hell's Kitchen for dinner and a performance. We ate dinner at an Ikea-adorned joint called Thai Select (not only is the name of the place unfortunate, but also are the Ikea interior decorations) but we loved the food (see above photo of my Red Curry Beef). I mean, we loved the food - Craig loved the Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce and I adored my Red Curry Beef (his entree of shrimp was just okay). Then we headed around the corner to Lauren's performance at the Zipper Factory Theater at West 37th. Lauren...she leaves the room breathless. I've admired her unmeasurably since we were just young ones nearing 12 years ago now, but she's become nothing but more talented and her ability to command the presence of a room is magical. A few weeks ago when we went to meet my friend Jen's baby in a hotel room in Battery Park City, I reunited (sort of - I did not know her that well back then) with a girl named Ann who once knew Lauren, also. I invited her to Lauren's show and she came with her fiance and they enjoyed it and there were seas of people who admire Lauren at the show, including her mother and grandmother (both of which I haven't seen since college) and all around, Lauren can command a group of people to come together and swell with emotion. And she does it so unwittingly.*Now I'm sitting here happy to have had a nice week but more than comfortable and happy to sit at our desk in my comfortable Rolling Stones NYC tee and hideous bright orange Mets hoodie and soft olive green GAP pants knowing I don't have to lift a finger in an hour, or in two, or in ten. Craig's got me covered (um, once he wakes up, that is!) I told him it would be no problem if he napped. He deserves it. He's been so sweet to me and to my day and in distributing royal treatment to me.*

0 Comments:

<< Home