May 04, 2007

Angles

Earlier in the week my mom sent me an envelope containing discs of all of the pictures she snapped while she and my dad were visiting us here in NYC. On average, her pictures turned out very well and I was happy that she shared them with me. On occasion, however, there might be a picture like the above shown. My first thought obviously went something like, Why on earth did she send me a photograph like this? Then I quickly realized she must have internally known I might post it on a blog page for the humor of it. Seen above is heavy New York City sky, a helicopter in said sky, water of the Hudson River, a miniature (unable to really be seen well, really) Statue of Liberty, and what appears to possibly be a Staten Island ferry. Now, I more typically recognize the Staten Island ferry when I see it, because it's quite orange, but my vague and quite unreliable geographical notions suggest the centimetered-sized orange vessel seen above on the Hudson in this skewed, slanted photo shot by my mom may not actually be the Staten Island ferry, because at the moment I can't exactly picture Staten Island's proximity to Manhattan. I know it's south of here, and that's just about it. So let's just say the above pictured orange line on the water is the Staten Island ferry.*Enough on that topic, now, because today is Craig's parents' wedding anniversary (happy anniversary!) and tomorrow is the always under-celebrated Cinco de Mayo (whether I spelled that correctly or not is irrelevant here). Our plans consist of the following: wake in the morning, shower, leave together so that Craig can get a haircut and I can go to 85th and either 2nd or 3rd to find the pickles and olives store that my co-worker has mentioned many times, then return to the apartment for delivery of the new table. Our afternoon will then much be based on several things: when I must leave to meet with my instructor and classmates at my instructor's apartment in Park Slope for our final hurrah slash last class sessions, probably around 3.30, and when Alison and Scott want Craig to come find them where they will begin Cinco without me. I will, in the meantime, be drinking wine, eating olives, cheese, hummus, pita, fresh mozz, tomatoes, and whatever else non-Cinco writing-collective food might be available, discussing new stories that we all bring to the table tomorrow, and probably, if I could pin myself right, glancing at my watch the whole while, wishing that our Cinco plans and my last writing session didn't coincide. So then by probably 6 I will politely excuse myself. All of this remains to be seen.*As for tonight, our favorite Chinese delivery is en route with brown rice (insert choking on excitement at the thought of more healthy alternatives to filling, sticky, happy, starch white carbs). I'm probably going to request that Craig watches Blood Diamond tonight while I work in the computer room (I'm not a Matt Damon-enthusiast, really, and don't care if I see or don't see that movie) and that we save Notes on a Scandal for later in the weekend (can't wait to see that one). Craig slept from the time he got home tonight (I had to run errands) until about 8 o' and that means he is now raring to go. I, on the other hand, could definitely stand for some sleep early tonight. But not until I write for a while.*

0 Comments:

<< Home