February 14, 2006

Expressions



I never planned to post a picture of such a romantic couple on Valentine's Day but how could I resist? Aren't they just too festive for words in this kiss? (I'm going to get in trouble for it...hopefully he won't see it before our fancy dinner at Old Bookbinder's tonight). This kiss reminds me of a night so long ago, before we were an actual item, when all of our kisses were of the stolen variety, late nights, in bars, hidden in corners away from co-workers because it wasn't necessarily appropriate for the two of us to kiss and report to the same office on a daily basis. One particular night we drove to Montrose, Michigan to see our old friend BG (his first appearance in this journal...he's a dear old friend, a drummer who is now in Denver doing whatever it is he's doing in Denver) play a gig at a bowling alley. A bowling alley. Craig and I were definitely overserved in the alcohol department and we were dancing with other co-workers who were up north in Montrose with us. Somehow we managed to sneak away and slip into a photo booth, where an extra sweet and private kiss was captured and printed for a dollar. I still have the photo tucked away; the way his hand cups my face is so gentle, so much more like the gentle side of Craig I know better now, so many years later. The expression on our faces is a quiet peace in that kiss.*So regardless of whether I am in the proverbial doghouse later for posting this picture, I wanted to post something sweet, something in honor of this overly commercialized holiday noble in its intentions. Tonight I will get dressed in my favorite black strapless floor-length dress that I bought for our trip to Vegas years ago, and hopefully the ruby red blazer overtop (it allegedly arrived at the building today! Hopefully it fits...) Our new friend GR offered to take "prom mom" pictures before we leave for dinner. And dinner will be so lovely, seated across from the one person I've ever met who still, years and years after I figuratively crashed into him the night I turned 24 at a party thrown for me by co-workers, still manages to melt my heart to my shoes with just a look, or a quick touch of his hand to mine. He has me good and forever if he chooses.*

0 Comments:

<< Home