August 26, 2005

Hurricanes



Today I did some reading in what I'm finding is more commonly referred to as the "blogosphere." This is a new world to me and I'm a late bloomer as it would seem. I'm still unsure that this is a decent venue for my honesty but I'm going with it regardless. Likely changes to posts will occur frequently until I've established a comfortable voice, as well as an interesting enough rapport with my own "page." I still can't figure out if I'm being seen or not, or if I am supposed to acknowledge myself somehow to others, but likely it's better that way for the time being. * My friend Timmy, having recently relocated to Ft. Lauderdale, witnessed his first sweep by a Category 1 Katrina last night/this morning, but I haven't heard from him with regard to his experience. We will see the aftermath in Georgia if the storm swings northeast this weekend. Atlanta is the Seattle of the Southeast (with respect to rain). At least, my first summer living here is that.*Tonight I imagine I will play with this a little more. Craig might make me a cocktail or two, but we won't drink nearly the colorful arrangement of beverages I drank the morning/day of last year's St. Louis - Soulard Mardi Gras fest. My crazy Asian friend and his wife brought bottles of booze to my Miss Sophisticate apartment and while I slung eggs and potatoes they stirred wild Nawlins-style coolers. We spiked Gatorade and smuggled it on the shuttle downtown, rode into the pulsing heart of Soulard, and wandered drunk and happy through the happy drunk crowds of beads and costumes. Although I realize that that was not 100% the birthplace of the "human Arch" (a tradition actually discovered at a Cardinals game months prior) it certainly was the place where the crazy Asian and I were ordered by his wife to pose and re-pose until we captured the real Arch in the arch of our arms for a celebratory St. Louis photo memory. I would include the end result but want to protect the innocent...for the time being. Off to play in Atlanta traffic.

0 Comments:

<< Home